Well Christmas is history and today's the last holiday until Valentine's Day, so the chart for the week ending January 5, 2013 doesn't look much different that it has for the last month. Buddy Guy's rockin' Live At Legends album cracked the chart at number three, but I really thought it would have knocked Gary Clark, Jr. or at least Bonnie Raitt from the top two spots.
With the new year here, the chart is beginning to look a little "gray in the beard" (not unlike the Reverend, to be honest), with a third of the Top Ten albums released back in 2011 and four more titles dating six months back or more. It's time for some new blood on the chart in 2013, and from what I've been hearing, there's a lot of great blues music on the horizon. Stay tuned!
To all our About.com Blues readers from the Reverend and from our Guest Writers this year, Steve Pick and Ken Bays, we wish you all a Happy New Year and best wishes for a great 2013!
Here are this week's Billboard Top Ten blues albums, ranked by sales:
10. Gary Clark, Jr. - The Bright Lights EP (Warner Brothers)
9. Hugh Laurie - Let Them Talk (Warner Brothers)
8. Dr. John - Locked Down (Nonesuch Records)
7. Wynton Marsalis & Eric Clapton - Play The Blues (Warner Brothers)
6. Tedeschi Trucks Band - Everybody's Talkin' (Sony Masterworks)
5. Joe Bonamassa - Driving Towards The Daylight (J&R Adventures)
4. Joe Bonamassa - Beacon Theater: Live From New York (J&R Adventures)
3. Buddy Guy - Live At Legends (Silvertone Records)
2. Bonnie Raitt - Slipstream (Redwing Records)
1. Gary Clark, Jr. - Blak and Blu (Warner Brothers)
Photo courtesy Warner Brothers Records